Looking for an alternative to the old-fashioned bodyweight abs exercises like crunches or sit ups? We have put together this list of top 5 core workouts from Youtube, performed by top men’s fitness icons and trainers. Quality of the workouts were determine by feedbacks, user views, and overall ratings.
Anybody that is even partly serious about getting a six pack can find the space to store a single dumbbell. No excuses should even come up in this one. Take your core training to the next level and sculpt a six-pack by adding one of these workouts to your ab routine!
Dumbbell core exercises allow you to add resistance to movements while unlocking a different array of angles and planes for better core activation.
1. Home Ab Workout (ONE DUMBBELL NEEDED!) by ATHLEAN-X™
Aim to perform 3-4 rounds of this complete home ab workout and take each exercise to failure.
1. Weighted Levitation Crunch – In this ab exercise you want to hold onto a dumbbell either by interlacing your fingers on the handle or by holding it by it’s ends. Hold the dumbbell extended straight over your face and perform the crunch by pressing it straight up towards the ceiling. Do not let the dumbbell move forward during this ab exercise as the momentum will make it easier than you want it to be to see six pack results.
2. Weighted Diagonal V Sit – This home ab exercise has the benefit of training both your lower abs as well as your obliques. With the bottom up movement and the stretch acting on your obliques, you get the dual benefit of hitting both of these areas extra hard.
3. Dumbbell ab wheel rollouts – Who says you need an ab wheel to train your abs at home? In this exercise you are able to workout your abs without an ab wheel by letting your hands roll out with a dumbbell. Adjust your grip pressure as I show you in the video to nail this incredibly effective home ab movement.
4. Sprinter tuck ab wheel – Now it’s time to hit the lower abs with the dumbbell now placed beneath your foot instead of in your hands. Drive the foot resting on the dumbbell in towards your chest as you crunch with your abs. Be sure to maintain your stabilization of your abs to keep the bell from rolling away from your foot.
Continue on next page..