- 1 Why did you decided to transform?
- 2 What keeps you motivated?
- 3 How often do you workout?
- 4 What type of workout routine do you find the most effective?
- 5 Please share your current workout routine:
- 6 What’s your favorite exercise?
- 7 What supplements are your taking?
- 8 What is your favorite cardio exercise?
- 9 Do you have a favorite quote?
- 10 Your future fitness goals?
- 11 Any advice or tips for aspiring transformers?
- 12 Transformation Update April 20 2016
- 13 Check out Kevin in action!
- 14 Your Social Profile:
Name: Stephen Edwards
Start age: Around the time I turned 18
Current age: 20
Start weight: 95kg (210lbs)
End of transformation weight: 75kg (165lbs)
Total weight lost: 45lbs
Why did you decided to transform?
I had been overweight my whole life and one day looked in the mirror and it just clicked that I had to do something about it and that my excuses weren’t good enough.
What keeps you motivated?
Never forgetting where I started and the hunger for success in my goals
How often do you workout?
Varies depending on what phase of competition prep I am but has been 3 times a week all the way up to 6 times a week in my past
What type of workout routine do you find the most effective?
Full body. I usually point novices towards a program such as Jason Blaha’s Ice Cream Fitness 5×5 Nice Program, it’s proven effective and I’ve had friends of both sexes run. Even if your goals are purely aesthetic, a strength base is so important.
Monday: Squat (5×5), Bench press (5×5) and accessories
Tuesday: Deadlift (5×5), Barbell OHP (5×5) and accessories
Thursday: Squat (5×3), Bench press (5×3) and accessories
Friday: Deadlift (5×3), Barbell OHP (5×3) and accessories
(Sets x reps)
Accessories are targeted towards specific weaknesses and abs are trained as an accessories 2-3 times per week
What’s your favorite exercise?
What supplements are your taking?
What is your favorite cardio exercise?
I prefer LISS cardio for my goals
Do you have a favorite quote?
‘Strength is never a weakness’ – Mark Bell
Your future fitness goals?
I want to make it to the IPF world powerlifting championships
Any advice or tips for aspiring transformers?
Work hard and don’t get discouraged if you slip up at times, focus on the big picture. I’ve never gone back to where I started but it hasn’t all been a downward trend of fat loss
Transformation Update April 20 2016
Check out Kevin in action!
Your Social Profile: